Best for Variety: Snap Kitchen
- Price: Starts at $11.34 per serving
- Delivery Area: 44 states
- Number of Recipes: 36
Why You Should Try It
Snap Kitchen specializes in ready-to-heat fresh gluten-free meals, including low carb options, made without preservatives, antibiotics, artificial sweeteners, or other unwanted additives.
Quality ingredients free of artificial additives or preservatives
Registered dietitians on staff
Can filter menu by carbohydrate content
Snap Kitchen first opened as a brick-and-mortar establishment in Austin, Texas, and now offers fully cooked, fresh, ready-to-heat meals for home delivery. The website has menu filters for a variety of special diets, including Paleo, Whole30, High Protein, Low Carb, and Keto—which nearly all fit into a diabetes-friendly meal plan. All meals are gluten-free, made with nutrient-dense ingredients that are free of artificial additives. Protein, fat, and carbohydrate content (including fiber and sugar), as well as sodium content, are all available for each menu item prior to ordering. We like that customers can filter the menu by the amount of carbs.
Pricing and Plans
Snap Kitchen offers two types of subscription plans for any diet category. Shipping is always free.
- 6 meals per week: $83 ($13.84 per meal)
- 12 meals per week: $136 ($11.34 per meal)
Sample Meals We Tried
- Cod piccata with garlic-roasted cauliflower
- Almond-crusted salmon with roasted carrots & zucchini
- Turkey meatloaf with potato-turnip mash & green beans
- Steak street tacos and Spanish rice pilaf with salsa verde